I believe our experiences early in life, in utero, and after birth strongly shape the people we become in the world. This is why I am passionate about supporting momma's during pregnancy and teaching the art of massage to parents.
Nurturing touch is fundamental to becoming a kind, loving individual and living a life full of health & happiness.
Infant massage instruction can range from 3-5 sessions per family. I can come to your house or you're welcome to come to my office. You are the only one massaging your baby, I use a doll to demonstrate the techniques to you.
Each session takes about 45 minutes, depending on how the baby responds to touch and your comfort with the strokes. Sessions are scheduled with a week between to give you time to practice. $120
Benefits of Infant Massage for Baby
- promotes infant-parent attachment or “bonding”
- helps baby feel loved
- promotes better sleep
- facilitates body awareness
- boosts immune system
- sensory stimulation
- improves skin condition
- improves blood circulation
- helps digestion
- balances respiration
- help waste elimination
- helps build parents’ and baby’s self-esteem
- helps you learn about your baby (their needs and desires)
- stimulates production of oxytocin (Oxytocin is a hormone which can be produced by both male and female persons during massage. It is useful as a pain reliever and has a calming effect on the person.)
Benefits of Infant Massage for Parents
- feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
- learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
- learn techniques to comfort, calm and soothe their babies.
- Provides an additional avenue for close and nurturing contact.
- Infant Massage is one of the most natural and pleasant methods of providing this important early nurturing and an amazing tool for helping parents become closer to their babies.
Infant Massage provides these benefits in 4 distinct ways:
Stimulates all the systems of the body including the:
- nervous system
- circulatory system
- respiratory system
- digestion system
- immune system
Stimulates the release of oxytocin, known as the cuddle hormone (is released in both parent and child), prolactin (promoting milk production in the mother) and other endorphins.
Reduces muscle stiffness and normalizes muscle tone
- helps relieve tension built up from all the stimulation in the baby’s environment
- helps babies handle sensory stimulation and respond in a relaxed manner
- helps babies sleep better
- helps regulate sleep/wake cycle
- touch combined with vocalization helps reduce pain levels up to 80%
- helps tone digestive tract
- helps alleviate gas and promote elimination
- releases hormones for food absorption.
- releases endorphins, natural pain killers, to ease emotional distress
Bonding and Attachment
- infant massage draws on all the elements of bonding and attachment
- eye-to-eye contact, skin-to-skin, body scent, vocalization, taste, responsiveness
- hormones stimulated by infant massage promote bonding and attachment between parent and baby